Sunday, January 20, 2013

Whoo Will We Meet? Gender Reveal Party!

As many of you already know, i'm expecting to deliver my baby in about a week! yup, little stubborn baby may just go past his due date!! anyways, i wanted to share with you guys the gender reveal party that we had a few months ago to let our family and friends know what we were having! it was such a fun party! and it was all organized by Mrs. Jessika Rosales from Mariposa Event Decor who does a fantastic job! i highly recommend her for any and all of your party needs!! 


The theme was "Owl Always Love you!" because of course i am obsesses with owls!! lol and i thought it would be really cute! Mariposa Event Decor set us up with an awesome Candy bufette! of course all pink and blue! lets see which team wins!!


These Yummies you see here are from a Pampered Chef recipe! They are S'more Cups! and if anybody would like the recipe i am glad to share! 


This delicious Mocha cake was from Carousel Cakes! She made it completely custom, flavor and all! and it was sooo yummy!! I highly recommend her for all your cake needs! she does Fondant and also Buttercream cakes. 


And of course for the big reveal!!!! WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!


Yup a beautiful little boy should be arriving by January 25th, but if he decides to be stubborn then he will be here no later than February 1st which is the date that they have chosen to induce me! Eeek! i am so excited and nervous at the same time!! this has been long long awaited! 

When people say this baby was wanted, this baby was planned and wanted and desired for a very long time, not counting the pregnancy time! lol this is a bit personal, but i'll share with my awesome fans :) Our wedding was on December 9th of 2009, and about 5 months later, we decided we had waited long enough and that we wanted a baby! so i got off my birth control pills and we went at it! well we waited and waited, but nothing happened!

A year later, which how long doctors recommend you wait before you seek medical help, we went to the infertility doctor to see what we could do. I was told that i had PCOS that was supposedly caused by a very fast increase in my weight due to the birth control/lack of exercise. Which i was very shocked about! lol well we tried fertility meds for one round, but that didn't seem to help, the doctor was very rude, as if wanting to start a family at 23 was just ridiculous! so we decided to "give it a rest for a little while" 

After almost another year had gone by with us trying and not trying, we decided to try some new strategies that we found in a book that seemed a little silly, but it was worth the try! lol after all what was another few months added to those two years? 

On May 20th of 2012, a day after my birthday, a month after all our little strategies, i was at church and was very very sentimental, i mean like cried over every little thing anybody said, sang or did. It was a bit abnormal for me as i don't usually cry in front of people. That day the preacher talked about leaving things in the hands of God, letting him take control of your life. The day before, i had been having cramps and my mom had mentioned that when she got pregnant with my brother she had felt the same way, and knowing myself, and how easily i get my hopes up, i decided to take a test after church that next day so that i could see a big negative and just get over it and let God take control of things....

To my surprise, i peed on that stick, and after only a few seconds i saw two bars! two beautiful pink bars that indicated that i was indeed pregnant! PREGNANT you say?? What?!?!? this cant be real, i told myself. I immediately started crying, i couldn't even breathe. It was so hard for me to believe that after two long years, i was finally pregnant....but wait, what if it was a false positive?? i started going crazy! 

I texted my hubby (who had just left for work) and showed him the picture of the pregnancy test, he immediately texted back and asked "ummm, what is that?" haha poor guy was so confused and thought it was a joke or something. I told him, "its a pregnancy test baby, and its positive" to which he responded, "sooooo, you're pregnant?" lol i said "well thats what the test says" immediately he made the same assumption i did thinking it could be a false positive, so he made me go buy two more tests of different brands and take those as well.

As you can see, all tests came back positive and we were indeed going to have a baby! finally, a little bundle of our own!! and now, just a few days away from meeting this little guy, we are so very nervous and excited! i remind myself of how i was when i was hoping all my tests came back positive as i wait here wondering when my water will break or when the contractions will start! 

So keep us in your prayers, and wish us luck! 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. The lord had his time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete